$10M USDOT VOLPE Environmental Remediation and Decommissioning Services – AL, PA, VA, NC, IA, MI, IL, OH, MO, KY, GA, PR and VI
Under this VOLPE Transportation Systems Center IDIQ contract, completed task orders for hazardous materials management at former Federal Aviation Administration locations in 11 states and 2 U.S. territories. Materials included asbestos, lead-based paint, creosote, PCBs and other stored compounds as well as construction/demolition debris. Services provided in support of the facility closures have included:
- Identification, removal, and disposal of the hazardous components
- Risk assessment and management plans
- Demolition of the structures and foundations
- Off-site recycling or disposal of demolition debris.
- Completed all planning and site work on an extremely aggressive schedule. Individual work plans were developed and approved with zero or minimal comments. Similarly, Site Closeout Plans were submitted within 10 days of field work completion with no client comments.
- CES developed a compliant disposal approach for each of the items including the logistics to have fluid, systematic disposal on an expedited basis.
- Completed remediation of six facilities to include safe and compliant removal of all hazardous materials, building demolition, demolition of defunct FAA antennas, metal structures, above and below ground wiring, all electrical components and creosote-containing power poles, and concrete / metal foundations. All work was completed on-time, on-budget, and with zero safety incidences.